Do We Really Need to Stop Cursing?
Cursing can be fun (if you’re cursing your manager), but it’s not always appropriate… I bet you know that! We all do!
Whether you’re working on your desk, singing in the shower for Eminem, helping the kids with their studies, or maybe being grounded by your parents and not allowed to go to this cool party, you can’t hold yourself from saying some “bad” words unconsciously if you have a “foul mouth”.
Some parents enjoy hearing their kids swearing. I can’t hide the fact that it’s cute to hear “little” smurfing words from a baby, but let’s not consider it a “laissez-passer” to teach our kids such words or laugh enthusiastically and cuddle them every time they do it.
Benefits of Cursing:
From an early age, we are taught to eliminate “few little words” from our vocabulary. Nevertheless, the moment our baby says his first words, usually it’s mama or papa, what proceeds it is what comes out of our mouth. And due to comcastic things that happen in our day, there must be cursing words involved. Unfortunately, these will be some of your baby’s early words.
Let’s admit it, there ARE some benefits to cursing:
- It leads to genuine communication
- It increases the effectiveness of the argument
- It is a good way to send the “get away from me” message to the person annoying you
- It prevents physical violence
- It shows how honest and truthful you are
- It helps you stand up to pain
- It works as an anti-depressant to the body instead of swallowing pills
- After swearing comes tranquility (as the French aphorism says: After the rain comes good weather)
- It lowers our blood pressure, thus decreases the chance of a heart attack
Few suggestions to stop cursing:
Which I hope will work:
- Ask your friends to pinch you after each cursing word (better than saying slap you:)
- Stay away from friends who encourage cursing
- The “Swear Jar” is usually the best solution. With each bad word, put a dollar. And I’m quite sure you prefer spending this dollar on a cup on coffee than in a swear jar.
- There are always alternatives for bad words (scroll down).
- Imagine someone you respect is sitting next to you before cursing (your father, your grandmother, your kids)
- When you feel you’re going to curse, think of something or someone amusing in your life.
- Imagine you’re the reason why your kids are cursing.
We all tried to stop cursing at some point. If you have the will, you have the way. I tried several times to watch the words coming out of my tongue, and all I can say my cursing words somehow decreased (depending on how mad I get).
You can replace those cuss words with the following:
Fudge – Geez – Son of a monkey – Poo – Son of gun – Bullocks
Eggs – Schucks – Darn – Cheese – Holy cow – Mothersmucker
Snap – Crap – OMG – Bullocks – Oh my gosh – Oh man – Oh dear
Ok, you want the truth? It IS hard to stop cursing. So good luck! 🙂
Were you ever able to stop cursing? I would love to know if it is feasible 🙂
8 thoughts on “Do We Really Need to Stop Cursing?”
That’s very good point
Hi I am so excited I found your site, I really found you
by accident, while I was browsing on Google for something else, Regardless
I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a
incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the
theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment
but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more,
Please do keep up the fantastic jo.
Veldig bra artikkel. Artikler som har målrettet og innsiktsfulle webinnhold er mye mer
Excellent weblog here!
Additionally your site quite a bit up very fast!
What web host are you the usage of?
Can I get your affiliate hyperlink to your
host? I want my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol
Your Post was really valuable. Thank you for this valuable details.
I have found great articles right here. I adore your blog post.
Greate article. Keep posting such kind of information on your page.
Im really impressed by your blog.
Hi there, You’ve done a great job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
I am sure they’ll be benefited from this site.
Hi there, I want to subscribe for this weblog to get hottest updates,
so where can i do it please help out.