HAVE A BAR OF CHOCOLATE
Eh voila! Great news for you chocolate addicts (and I believe we all are), skip the motto of “the apple a day” and satisfy your body with a daily moderate portion of the cocoa-based delicacy (about an ounce per day).
Besides giving you the total feeling of ecstasy when indulging your mouth with a simple bite of dark chocolate (in limited quantities), it was proven that chocolate is valuable to your skin, brain, heart, blood pressure, and for your metabolism boost. Even though it’s rich in antioxidants and iron, don’t overconsume it; you wouldn’t want to be a “chocoholic”.
I’m not going to talk science, my only interest here is that cocoa beans contain a good antioxidant called Flavanol (Flavonoid) which is found in dark and not milk chocolate, and is responsible for all these benefits:
Facts for your skin:
- It smooths the skin and decreases its vulnerability to the sun
- It reduces skin redness
- It improves skin’s texture and hydration
- It increases blood flow in the skin
- It does not cause acne
- It is used in body and bath products
Facts for your brain:
- It protects your brain from intelligence decline
- It improves focus
- It speeds up your memory processing
- In young adults, it immediately increases their performance in knowledge tests
- It boosts blood flow to the part of the brain affected by aging
- It repulses Alzheimer’s disease especially in elderly
Facts for your heart:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Thins the blood (less risk for a stroke)
- Repairs your blood vessels
- Changes the waste of smoking
- Prevents blood clots
- Improves blood flow
- Lowers LDL cholesterol (the bad one)
- May increase HDL cholesterol (the good one)
- Improves insulin sensibility – prevents diabetes
- Improves intestinal health
- Helps you live longer
- Cheers you up, works as an anti-depressant. The feeling equates a good lay
- Calms your cough
- Helps you stay slim
- Boosts your energy
- Boosts your metabolism (related to staying slim)
- Acts as aspirin but for emotional wounds
- Reduces stress
Well, there’s something I’m going to say that you are not going to like. Don’t hate me for that; Snickers, Mars, and similar chocolate bars do not contain Flavanol, and are rich in sugars, artificial ingredients and other skeevies responsible for the cellulite in your hips, thighs, the tummy fat and the love handles.
But the good news is that Flavanol is also found in red wine. So you can enjoy your Friday movie night with a platter of cheese and chocolate while having a glass of red wine; just perfect!
Chocolate IS addictive, I can certain about that from personal experience. If you are used to savor your mouth with a taste of chocolate every day, unintentionally you will find yourself craving for some daily. If you try to stop it for two days, your body will not desire it anymore.
But always keep in mind, never trade your greens for the sweets!
So who are you? A chocolate or a green person?